About Parent Participation
Why is parent participation so important?
Parent Participation Preschools are unlike other preschools. At Hobby Hill, parents are directly involved with their child’s first experience in a classroom setting. Once or twice a month, parents have the opportunity to take on the role of teacher’s assistant in the classroom.
Parent Participation means that parents are invited to take part in the administration of the school, to attend a monthly evening meeting that offers a free professional parent education presentation and short discussions regarding school business.
Studies have shown that parents who are active in their child’s first educational experience, stay active throughout their child’s years of formal education. Being active in your child’s education, is one of the most important factors in contributing to a child’s success at school
Hobby Hill Parent Participation Preschools is a great place for both children and their parents to learn new skills, meet new people, and create meaningful lasting friendships. At Hobby Hill children take the first steps in a school setting together, with their parents. It is a wonderful, important and precious time.
What will your child gain from attending Hobby Hill Parent Participation Preschool?
- A quality educational experience
- An atmosphere in which curiosity and creativity are encouraged
- The highest adult/child ratios of any preschool setting, (1:5 for 3 year olds) and (1:6 for 4 year olds)
- The chance to enjoy having a parent, grandparent or caregiver sharing time in the classroom, once or twice a month
- The opportunity to build friendships with other’s and be a part of a caring community of teachers, classmates and parents
What benefits do parents receive at Hobby Hill Parent Participation Preschool?
- You will have an opportunity to be an active partner in your child’s education
- The opportunity to share classroom time with your child, and other children of the same age
- The opportunity to increase knowledge and understanding in your role as a parent
- Hobby Hill offeres a venue to share parenting experiences and support with your peers
- Seminars offers timely, interesting, and helpful parent education. These presentations are made by professionals in the field of early childhood education, childcare, and parenting.
- The ability to have a direct say in the administration of the school, and vote on school policies
- A chance to meet other parent, make new friends and feel part of friendly community.